Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Searching our Seeking


"The eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him" (2 Chronicles 16:9).  "The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity... In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul" (Psalm 94:11,19).  "If thou criest after knowledge... and searchest for her as for hid treasures, then shalt thou... find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:3-5).  "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33). 

The eyes of God run to and fro
To search all thoughts, both right and wrong. 
It is the Lord's delight to show
That He is merciful and strong. 

Yet on this earth, humanity
Continues to resist the Lord. 
Their thoughts amount to vanity;
His lovingkindness is ignored.

How dark are the imaginations
Dismissing evidence so full! 
How sweetly do the meditations
From God give comfort to my soul! 

My heart has cried out in pursuit
Of treasures Christ alone can give. 
Apart from Him I bear no fruit;
Because He lives I also live. 

O Lord, You drew my heart with thirst
Which only You could satisfy. 
I found Your love which loved me first
So much, in fact, that You would die! 

Unite my heart, Lord, with this theme:
To seek Your kingdom in my heart
That You may reign therein supreme
With righteousness that You impart. 


No comments: