Friday, December 26, 2014

Harder Healing


"The LORD... is become my Salvation" (Psalm 118:14).  "The curse causeless shall not come" (Proverbs 26:2).  "Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (He saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all" (Mark 2:9-12). 

The Lord has become my Salvation,   
Removing the curse of my sin. 
He bore all my sin's condemnation
And saved me when He entered in. 

So how could the Lord thus forgive? 
Be still, my soul, and stand in awe,
For there was no alternative
But wrath according to His Law!  

It only called for just a word
For Him to make the universe.
Consider well, then, what occurred
When Jesus took away your curse! 

The Lord with ease commanded healing
To raise the sick up from their bed. 
But on the cross the Lord was dealing
With sin for which His blood was shed. 

O Lord, You have removed my shame
At such a hard, horrific cost! 
It was not hard to cure the lame,
But surely hard to save the lost! 

The harder healing, Lord, so full,
You purchased with Your agony! 
You gave Yourself to save my soul
Upon the cross of Calvary!

Lord, help me better comprehend  
This harder healing which I trace,
So I may go where You will send  
To show the riches of Your grace.  


No comments: