Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Magnify His Mercy


"I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications... The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.  Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech Thee, deliver my soul... Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling" (Psalm 116:1-8). 

I love the Lord who heard my prayer
Because He truly loved me first. 
I cried to Him in my despair
And all my sorrows I rehearsed.

How great was my uncertainty;
How kind was His response of love!
My Savior gave Himself for me;
For me He left His Throne above.  

He heard my voice of supplication
Before I knew Him as my Savior. 
He answered me with His salvation
And rescued me with loving favor. 

I scarcely knew then what to say;
I thought it might be wasted breath.
Yet what else could I do but pray,
In view of my  approaching death? 

He heard my prayer when I was calling,
He saved my soul and dried my tears,
He kept my feet at last from falling,
And rescued me from all my fears. 

Lord, thank You for the things You did
To draw my soul now to Your throne. 
Your lovingkindness was not hid;
Your saving grace was clearly shown.  

Lord, let Your love be  magnified
To show the world Your compassion
On precious souls for whom You died
That You might save them in this fashion.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you and Merry Christ-mas it is beautiful...

Quiet Time Poems said...

Thank you and God bless you, Michael,as you continue to find your joy in loving Him who first loved us!