Sunday, December 01, 2013

Seen, Saved, Sent

“Have I also here looked after Him that seeth me?” (Genesis 16:13).  “O God, Thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from Thee” (Psalm 69:5). “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you… Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil” (Proverbs 1:23,33).  “I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities” (2 Corinthians 11:30). 

There was a day when I forsook
The folly of indifference
And ventured to sincerely look
For God with clear cut evidence. 

I didn’t know what I would find
Or if the truth was knowable. 
I hoped that God would be inclined
To satisfy my searching soul. 

Praise God!  I found to my surprise
That God had seen and loved me first!
By grace He opened then my eyes
And fully satisfied my thirst! 

My sins were never hid from God;
My foolishness was surely known.
My noblest thoughts and deeds were flawed,
Awaiting judgment at His throne.

There was but one alternative
To God’s eternal condemnation:
Receiving Christ who then would give
The gracious gift of His salvation! 

I glory in what Christ has done
Regarding my infirmities:
Upon the cross He fought and won
The right to purge iniquities! 

And is it so that I have sought
This God who pondered all my ways,
My deeds, my words, and every thought,
Yet drew me to declare praise? 

O Lord, it passes comprehension
That You have loved me from my youth
And looked at me with the intention
Of guiding me to find Your truth! 

Lord, thank You for Your cords of love
That drew my heart to saving grace,
That sets my heart on things above,
And bids me now to seek Your face. 

O Lord, Your eyes have seen the field
Where souls are yet without a Savior. 
I am Your servant whom You healed:
Lord, send me to declare Your favor!


No comments: