Thursday, December 05, 2013

Needing His Nearness

“I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand.  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but Thee?  And there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the Strength of my heart, and my Portion forever… It is good for me to draw near to God” (Psalm 73:23-28).  “Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). 

How good is the nearness of God
Who never lets go of my hand!
He guides with His staff and His rod
And leads me in paths He has planned.

He found me when I was astray
And graciously gave me new birth.
His counsel is mine everyday
As long as I live on the earth. 

Yet that doesn’t finish the story,
For after I breathe my last breath,
My Lord shall receive me in glory
When I have awakened from death.

There’s no one I rather would see
In heaven than Jesus my Savior
Who laid down His own life for me
And blesses me now with His favor. 

The Lord is the strength of my heart,
Though physical fortitude fails. 
He promised to never depart;
His nearness forever prevails!

My Lord Jesus Christ in me lives,
So how could He be any nearer?
I live by the counsel He gives;
His love for me couldn’t be clearer! 

O Lord, You are faithful and true;
There’s no one with You who compares! 
It’s good now to draw near to You
And cast on You all of my cares. 

These moments are crucial indeed
In which You have drawn me so near!
You know, Lord, how much that I need
The time I have spent with You here. 

Now send me, Lord Jesus, to tell
The reason You came from above:
To not only save us from hell,
But bring us so near through Your love!


No comments: