Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Giving God Glory

“Thou hast… girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever” (Psalm 30:11,12).  “Although the fig tree shall not blossom… yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength” (Habakkuk 3:17-19).  “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform” (Romans 4:20,21). 

I’m girded with gladness by God
In garments of His great salvation. 
My feet with His Gospel are shod
To go forth with His invitation. 

The Lord has delivered my soul,
Which Satan had hoped to destroy.
Salvation in Christ is so full; 
I give God the glory with joy! 

I’ll thank Him in heaven forever
With every redeemed soul above. 
He saved me, not by my endeavor,
But by His great mercy and love.

Though trials on earth shall arise
And fair-weather friends may depart,
My Lord is directing my eyes
To Jesus, the joy of my heart! 

The Lord is my Strength all day long;
His peace is unchanged when there’s strife. 
In sorrow He still gives a song
To glorify Him with my life.

My life is not governed by chance;
He shows me His purpose instead. 
He calls me in each circumstance
To trust Him to do what He said. 

I know He is able to do
Each promise He gave in His Word.  
I’m fully persuaded He’s true
And glorify Him, thus assured. 

O Lord, there is much to behold
Through ages recording Your story. 
Your promises kept thus unfold
Your faithfulness showing Your glory!

O Lord, let me live to this end: 
To magnify You with my praise,
To go everywhere that You send,
And glorify You all my days. 


No comments: