Friday, October 04, 2013

Focused on the Fairest

“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life… Turn not to the right hand nor to the left” (Proverbs 4:23-27).  “He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfill all My will” (Acts13:22). 

There is a way to keep my heart
From faltering in times of trial:
Pursue the Lord and don’t depart
From focusing upon His smile. 

I’ll keep my focus on the Lord
By turning neither left nor right. 
He is my Peace and my Reward,
And I am also His delight! 

The Lord still ponders every thought. 
He knows when I have wasted time
Pursuing after things of naught
Instead of things that are sublime. 

Yet gracious is the invitation
To seek my Lord as David did!
The Author of my great salvation
In Scripture’s pages is not hid! 

Each day I’m called to come and dine
To hear His counsel from His Word.  
I know I’m His, and He is mine;
How rightly love for Him is stirred! 

I’m focused on the fairest goal:
To love the Lord who first loved me!
He gave Himself to save my soul,
And ransom me eternally. 

My joy is found when I fulfill
His purpose for me in this life. 
He gives me strength to do His will,
And He defends me in the strife. 

Lord, thank you for the joy You give
As I am focused on Your love!  
I surely live because You live;
I know You intercede above. 

Lord, take this heart for which you died
That I may now fulfill Your pleasure,
As in Your love, I thus abide
And find in You my fairest Treasure!

Then send me, Lord, as I pursue
Your heart which bids me seek Your face,
To show the mercies found in You
To sinners yet in need of grace.


No comments: