Sunday, October 20, 2013

Precious Jewel of Presenting Jesus

“The LORD is my Light and my Salvation… Behold the beauty of the LORD!” (Psalm 27:1,4).  “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?... The lips of knowledge are a precious jewel” (Proverbs 20:9,15).  “The Gospel of God… [was] promised afore by His prophets in the Holy Scriptures… I am debtor… I am ready… I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth” (Romans 1:14-16).

The Lord is my Light and Salvation;
His beauty forever will shine!
He saved me from my condemnation,
And made His own righteousness mine!  

Such knowledge allows me to say:
I KNOW I am pure from my sin,
Recalling that wonderful day
I prayed and the Lord entered in! 

This confidence does not arise
By “hope” that is merely self-willed,
For evidence opened my eyes
To prophecies Christ had fulfilled. 

Beholding what Jesus Christ did,
Which prophets declared He would do,
I saw that the cross was not hid
From David in Psalm twenty-two.

Since hundreds of prophecies stand,
And none of them ever have failed,
I see now a jewel in my hand:
The Gospel foretold that prevailed!

And thus I am surely a debtor
To everyone that I may reach. 
The Gospel is God’s written letter
Which I am now ready to preach. 

By grace I shall not be ashamed
Of preaching the Gospel of Christ!
Salvation through Him is proclaimed:
Behold Him, the Lamb sacrificed! 

Your Gospel, O Lord, is a jewel,
That’s lightly esteemed in this hour.
It’s mocked (as foretold) by the fool;
It saves those who trust in Your power.

How precious, O Lord, is Your Word,
Above all my heart could have craved!
How sweet is the Gospel that’s heard
By those who repent and are saved!


No comments: