Saturday, October 12, 2013

Errors Eradicated

“The statutes of the LORD are right… Who can understand his errors?  Cleanse Thou me from secret faults.  Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my Strength, and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:8-14).  “The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit” (Proverbs 12:5). “Do not My words do good to him that walketh uprightly?” (Micah 2:7).  “The will of the Lord be done” (Acts 21:14). 

The Word of God is always right
In everything that it has stated. 
Let thoughts be purged within its light
And errors thus eradicated.

Our secret faults are clearly seen
As well as our presumptuous sins.
The Lord alone can make us clean;
And by His Word this work begins.

The Word of God must have dominion
To cleanse our thinking all day long
Of our erroneous opinion
Which God has thus exposed as wrong. 

So let the words that we shall say
And meditations of our heart
Conform to God’s accepted way
And from all error thus depart. 

For every counsel is deceit
That contradicts what God has said. 
Our meditation shall be sweet
That dwells upon His Word instead. 

The words of God will surely do
The work of cleansing that is good
To rid our hearts of thoughts untrue
That we may walk the way we should. 

O Lord, we thank You for Your will
Which all Your words communicate
As You command us to be still
And errors thus eradicate. 

So cleanse us, Lord, from every fault
And from the errors that pollute,
Then send us forth to thus exalt
Your name, that we may bear much fruit. 


No comments: