Saturday, October 05, 2013

Divinely Done

“Help, Lord… Now WILL I arise, saith the LORD; I WILL set him in safety from him that puffeth at him” (Psalm 12:1,5).  “In that day WILL I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen… I WILL raise up his ruins, and I WILL build it as in the days of old… I WILL bring again the captivity of My people of Israel… And I WILL plant them upon their land… which I HAVE GIVEN them, saith the LORD thy God” (Amos 9:11-15).   “And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that GOD HAD DONE with them, and how HE HAD OPENED the door of faith unto the Gentiles” (Acts 14:27). 

Our help is from the Lord alone,
By any means that He commands.
He may use helpers we have known,
But the results are in His hands. 

Our hope, therefore, is in the Lord,
And all our safety is from Him. 
Behold the blessings He has poured
That fill our cup beyond the brim! 

In this we should not be mistaken
And speak of battles we have won;
How foolishly is glory taken
For things that were Divinely done!

We see expressions God has used
To speak of things He would fulfill.
We surely shouldn’t be confused,
Since God has plainly said “I will.” 

As God permits us to take part
In ministries He has allowed,
Beware, lest pride invade the heart
For God resists those who are proud. 

Consider Barnabas and Paul
Returning from the mission field:  
They failed not to credit all
To God, who uses those who yield. 

The door was opened for awhile
Which God ordained to preach the Word
Extending grace to the Gentile
Rejoicing in the Gospel heard.

So Barnabas and Paul rehearsed
What God had done with them by grace,
For God prepared the harvest first,
Ordaining then the time and place. 

O Lord, we magnify Your name 
For all You’ve done and yet will do! 
Through doors You open, we proclaim
Your Word to hearts prepared by You.



No comments: