Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Silent in the Sanctuary

"All day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning. If I say, I will speak thus, behold... it was too painful for me, until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I.... I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand.... It is good for me to draw near to God" (Psalm 73:14-28).

I can grieve throughout the day
With murmuring and scorning.
I can waste the time away
With fretting every morning.

If I should say, I will speak thus,
And thereby I complain,
My comfort flees, I forfeit trust,
And so increase my pain.

Sensing that my way is wrong,
In silent prayer, I cease,
And wonder why I wait so long
To find in God my peace!

Be still! My Savior's voice I hear
Within this quiet place!
Oh, it is good that I draw near,
And seek alone His face.

O Lord, I've come to understand,
Here in Your sanctuary,
You never cease to hold my hand;
Your mercies never tarry!

No comments: