Monday, February 28, 2011

Fullness of His Fear

"Teach me Thy way, O LORD; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name. I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart" (Psalm 86:11,12). "The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD... shall make Him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD.... The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea" (Isaiah 11:2-9). "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable... for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16,17).

Lord, teach me in Your perfect way,
Unite my heart to fear Your name,
Correct me when I go astray,
To walk in truth instead of shame.

Lord, as the waters fill the sea,
Now let the fullness of Your fear
So cover every part of me
That Your dominion will be clear.

Lord, let Your Spirit more and more
Within my heart enlarge Your place,
And as Your fear extends its shore,
So may I grow in truth and grace.

Lord, let Your Scriptures daily teach
The fear of God that makes me whole,
And ever thus extend Your reach
Of godly fear that fills my soul.

No comments: