Thursday, February 03, 2011

Climbing in Christ

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2). "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform until the day of Jesus Christ.... For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:6,21).

From the end of the earth, O Lord, will I cry,
For this is the longing You placed in my heart:
I climb to the Rock that is higher than I,
Assured You will finish the work that You start.

I'm lifted to Christ, for He is my Rock;
In life He is all, and in death He is gain.
I'm led by His Spirit each day in my walk,
To reach higher ground and to live on that plane.

I'm climbing in Christ still higher and higher,
And fixing my confidence only in Him.
O Lord, You alone satisfy my desire,
As You fill my cup overflowing the brim!

No comments: