Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Identifying with Isaiah

"I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne.... and above it stood the seraphims.... and one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory.... Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims... from the altar.... and said... thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us? Then said I, Here am I, send me" (Isaiah 6:1-8).

Isaiah saw the Lord on high,
Exalted on His holy throne.
He heard the angels loudly cry
To glorify His name alone.

As every heavenly seraphim
Proclaimed on high His holiness
Isaiah, at the sight of Him,
Was greatly humbled in distress.

Woe is me! I am undone!
I am a man with lips unclean!
And so it is with everyone
Who, by their faith, the Lord has seen.

Yet graciously our Lord above
Will take away iniquity,
And will commission those with love,
Who say, Lord, here am I; send me!

Lord, send us to relationships
And every soul that we should seek,
And purge us from our unclean lips
To purify the words we speak.

No comments: