Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bountiful Boast

"My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.... O taste and see that the Lord is good... The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry" (Psalm 34:2-15).

My soul shall come with joyful boasts
As I recall the story
Of Jesus Christ, the Lord of hosts:
He is the King of glory!

My soul shall boast in Jesus Christ
The Lord of all creation,
Who for my soul was sacrificed
To purchase my salvation.

My soul shall boast in Christ with those
Whose purpose is the same:
To praise the Lord who died and rose,
As we exalt His name.

My soul shall boast of answered prayer
With all who thank Him thus:
That we may cast on Him our care
Because He cares for us.

My soul shall boast, as well it should,
In Christ for all His grace.
O taste and see! The Lord is good
To those who seek His face!

No comments: