Friday, July 02, 2010

Bountiful Boundaries

"The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.... Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope" (Psalm 16:5-9). "My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.... For He that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is His name" (Luke 1:46-49).

The Lord is my Portion: what more do I need?
How pleasant the lines of my heritage are!
His bountiful boundaries therefore exceed
My greatest desire imagined by far!

The Lord is my Portion: how pleasant the choice
That God by His mercy and truth now affords!
My heart will be glad and my soul will rejoice;
My flesh rests in hope, knowing I am the Lord's!

The Lord is my Portion: my spirit now sings
To God and my Savior for all He has done!
For He that is mighty and merciful brings
His bountiful blessings to me by His Son!

O Lord, You're my Portion: since I am Yours too,
I'd bring You my heart with the love You deserve,
I'd bring You my soul thus surrendered to You,
And bring You my strength consecrated to serve.

No comments: