Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Settled Safety

"O LORD.... Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation" (Psalm 35:1,3). "The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord" (Proverbs 21:31).

Our Lord of salvation
Assures us today
That since He has taken control,
There's no situation
Ahead, come what may,
That now can unsettle our soul.

In this sweet assurance
That settles the heart,
Which only our Savior can give,
We find the endurance
His grace can impart
To thereby abundantly live.

Through battles in life
The horse is prepared,
But safety still comes from the Lord.
In peace or in strife
His Word has declared:
His Truth is our shield and sword.

Say to my soul, Lord,
"I am your Salvation,"
And thereby dispel every fear.
Your words thus afford
Such sweet meditation,
Reminding me that You are near.

No comments: