Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hiding in Him

"Thou art my Hiding Place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance" (Psalm 32:7). "The name of the LORD is a Strong Tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe" (Proverbs 18:10).

You, Lord, are my Hiding Place,
And You are my Strong Tower.
I've found my refuge in Your grace,
And safety in Your power.

Other powers still abound
That wish to see me harmed,
But in Your presence I have found
I need not be alarmed.

For You have stood against their claim
Which calls for condemnation.
I'm trusting my Savior's name,
Who purchased my salvation.

O Lord, You knew the awful price
That You would have to give,
So You became the Sacrifice
For sin that I might live.

My cup of fearful wrath was full,
But You, Lord, drank it up!
Because You longed to save my soul,
You drained that awful cup!

Thank You, Lord, for what You did,
So I might safely hide,
For in Your righteousness I'm hid
And ever shall abide!

No comments: