Friday, July 09, 2010

Table without Terror

"I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.... Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies... my cup runneth over" (Psalm 23:5). "Wisdom hath.... killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.... as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, Come, eat of My bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled" (Proverbs 9:1-5).

Come to the table where God bids us dine.
Come where no terror can ever intrude.
Come and partake of His bread and His wine.
Wisdom has furnished her table with food.

All of the beasts in the past that were slain
Were shadows of Christ, yet they were not able
To take away sin or redemption obtain,
Affording the peace we enjoy at this table.

The cup of His blessing runs over the brim,
Where worship ascends and our enemies flee.
For all who have fled for their refuge in Him
Are found at the table where truth makes us free.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for calling us here
To sit at the table You wisely prepare,
Where even in death there is no cause to fear
Since You have assured us that You will be there.

No comments: