Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Listening for His Lovingkindness

"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee.... Teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness" (Psalm 143:8-10).

Listening for my Savior's love
That He communicates each morning,
My soul is lifted far above
This world's thoughtless voice of scorning.

I hear the voice of lovingkindness,
As God, through Scripture, stoops to talk.
He lifts me from this world's blindness,
And shows the way where I should walk.

He teaches me to do His will,
Reminding me He's on the throne.
In love He says to me, "Be still,"
To hear no voice but His alone.

How good His Holy Spirit is
Who kindly makes me understand
That He is mine and I am His,
And He will lead me by the hand.

So cause me, Lord, to hear Your voice;
Let every vain distraction cease,
That by Your words I may rejoice
In love that guarantees Your peace.

No comments: