Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Overture of the Overwhelmed

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:3-5).

When I was overwhelmed, O Lord,
You surely knew my path,
As no one else I looked toward
Could save my soul from wrath.

Eternity! Eternity!
Why was it no one cared?
Why was there so much apathy?
Why was there no one scared?

I turned to God in desperation,
For what else could I do?
I found a Refuge of salvation
At last, O Lord, in You!

Thank You, Lord, for truth and grace
That met me when I cried.
Apart from You there was no place
My soul could safely hide!

No comments: