Monday, June 21, 2010

Upward Understanding

"My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up" (Psalm 5:3).

I hear Your voice, Lord, everyday
Within Your wondrous Book.
And You shall hear me when I pray
As I will upward look.

I look to You, Lord, every morning;
There's nowhere else to turn
To find Your wisdom and Your warning
I need so much to learn!

Everyday I wake to find
This world no less confused:
The blind are leading still the blind,
And God's Word is refused.

It comes, therefore, as no surprise
To hear this world's scorning,
And therefore I will lift my eyes
To You, Lord, every morning.

I cannot even trust my heart;
Deception is within.
And so before the day will start,
Lord, cleanse my heart from sin.

Thank You, Lord, that You've agreed
With me to daily sup.
The understanding that I need
Will come as I look up.

No comments: