Sunday, November 30, 2008

Heart for Him

"Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in His ways" (Psalm 119:2,3). "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:13,14).

Away with distracted, unworthy desire
That gives to my Lord a halfhearted praise!
Lord, I would give You my heart now on fire,
That seeks You completely and walks in Your ways!

Surely, I know I have not apprehended
This wholehearted search that I hope to attain.
I'll press for that mark till my journey has ended,
Where living is Christ and my dying is gain.

Here is my heart, Lord, submitted to You,
Aimless without You, toward evil prone.
This is the one thing I'm longing to do:
To seek to be pleasing to You, Lord, alone.

No comments: