Thursday, November 06, 2008

Redeemer's Remedy

"O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself, but in Me is thine help. I will be thy King: where is any other that may save thee?.... I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death" (Hosea 13:9,10,14).

The self-help books upon our shelves
Won't help us when we've stumbled,
If we who have destroyed ourselves
By pride will not be humbled.

These remedies cannot begin
To heal our condition
If we will not admit our sin
And turn with true contrition.

In spite of our rebellious pride
And foolishness employed,
The love of God calls us aside
When we are self-destroyed.

We hear the Lord in kindness say:
"Come, find your help in Me,
For I will be your King today,
And I will set you free.

Are there others who can save?
Their boasts are wasted breath!
I will ransom from the grave,
Redeeming you from death."

What redemption is extended
To the one who will take heed!
What a Savior has befriended
Sinners in their time of need!

No comments: