Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thoughtful and Thankful

"I love the Lord because He hath heard my voice.... I was brought low, and He helped me.... What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me?.... I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name o the Lord" (Psalm 116:17). "Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen" (Ephesians 6:24).

Do you remember that wonderful day
When you cried to the Lord and He heard your voice?
The sorrows of death, of hell, and dismay
Were conquered by Christ! Recall and rejoice!

No wonder we love Him! We all surely know
The price that He paid to answer our prayer.
We each can remember when we were brought low,
And His nail-pierced hand delivered us there!

In view of His benefits, what shall we render?
We cannot repay that unspeakable price!
But we can in love and thanksgiving surrender
Ourselves as a living and right sacrifice.

No comments: