Friday, December 08, 2023

Why We Worship

Read:  Psalm 22 / Proverbs 8 / 1 Chronicles 21 / Philippians 4 

 

Psalm 22:1-3 ~ My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?... Thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Proverbs 8:35,36 ~ For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. 

1 Chronicles 21:13 ~ Let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies.

Philippians 4:1 ~ My brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown... stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

 

Upon the cross, the Lord knew "WHY"

The help of God was so far off,

Since He foretold that He would die

For sinners, even those who scoff. 

 

That’s WHY we worship as we view

The boundless mercy we behold

Reflected in Psalm twenty-two,

Which David long ago foretold.   

 


No comments: