Saturday, December 16, 2023

Girded with Gladness

Read:  Psalm 30 / Proverbs 16 / 1 Chronicles 29 / 1 Thes. 4

 

Psalm 30:11,12 ~ Thou hast... girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever.

Proverbs 16:6 ~ By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

1 Chronicles 29:11,12 ~ Thine, O LORD, is the greatness.... and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

1 Thessalonians 4:17,18 ~ We... shall be caught up together with them in the clouds... and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

 

By grace I am girded with gladness,

So now I will sing to this end:

To put off the garments of sadness,

While praising my Savior and Friend. 

 

I sing of His truth and His grace

By which He has purged all my sins.

In heaven we’ll meet face to face,

Yet now the rejoicing begins!  

 


No comments: