Thursday, December 28, 2023

Faithful through the Floods

Read:  Psalm 42 / Proverbs 28 / 2 Chronicles 12 / 2 Tim. 2

 

Psalm 42:5,7 ~ Why art thou cast down, O my soul?... hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance… Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

Proverbs 28:5 ~ Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

2 Chronicles 12:14 ~ And he [Rehoboam] did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.

2 Timothy 2:19 ~ The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

 

There is no cause to be cast down;

The Lord is faithful every day.

When floods arise, they cannot drown

His love for me in any way. 

 

Since I, on 28 December,

Was saved in 1973,

Through every storm I can remember,

My Lord has led me faithfully. 

 


No comments: