Saturday, December 23, 2023

Deep Delight

Read:  Psalm 37 / Proverbs 23 / 2 Chronicles 7 / 1 Tim. 3

 

Psalm 37:4 ~ Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Proverbs 23:26 ~ My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

2 Chronicles 7:14 ~ If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

1 Timothy 3:16 ~ And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

 

Our deep delight in Jesus Christ

Shall lift us from the sinful mire

Of vain distractions that enticed

Yet never filled our heart’s desire. 

 

God turns us from our wicked ways

To humbly seek His face and favor,

To give to Him our hearts with praise,

And preach the Gospel of our Savior. 

 


No comments: