Sunday, November 26, 2023

Presently Proud

Read:  Psalm 10 / Proverbs 26 / 1 Chronicles 9 / Galatians 4

 

Psalm 10:4,6 ~ The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God... He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

Proverbs 26:5 ~ Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

1 Chronicles 9:1 ~ So all Israel were... carried away to Babylon for their transgression.

Galatians 4:16 ~ Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

 

The proud in the end are reproved

Who mock till the day of their death,

Who say "I shall never be moved",

Yet borrow from God their next breath. 

 

Let those who are presently proud

Abandon their foolish conceit,

Since so little time is allowed

Before they shall bow at His feet.  

 


No comments: