Monday, November 06, 2023

Heroic Helper

Read:  Psalm 140 / Proverbs 6 / 2 Kings 14 / 1 Corinthians 13

 

Psalm 140:7 ~ O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.

Proverbs 6:20-22 ~ My son, keep thy father's commandment... it shall lead thee... it shall keep thee... it shall talk with thee.

2 Kings 14:26 ~ The LORD saw the affliction of Israel, that it was very bitter: for there was not... any helper for Israel.

1 Corinthians 13:12 ~ For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

 

The Lord, the Strength of my salvation,

Has been heroic in the strife!  

He rescued me from condemnation

When He laid down His spotless life.

 

My Helper, risen from the dead, 

Has triumphed over all my foes!

He graciously anoints my head

And fills my cup that overflows.   

 


No comments: