Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Deep Places of Divine Pleasure

Read:  Psalm 135 / Proverbs 1 / 2 Kings 9 / 1 Corinthians 8 

 

Psalm 135:6 ~ Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Proverbs 1:23 ~ Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

2 Kings 9:36 ~ This is the word of the LORD... by... Elijah ... In the portion of Jezreel shall dogs eat the flesh of Jezebel.

1 Corinthians 8:3 ~ If any...love God, the same is known of him.

 

It pleased the Lord to show His grace

In depths that God alone could measure. 

How great His love!  How deep the place

He went to buy salvation’s treasure!

 

Yet many, just like Jezebel,

Refuse this offer of God's love

And thus, consign themselves to hell,

Rejecting mercy from above.  

 


No comments: