Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Death Defeated

Read:  Psalm 142 / Proverbs 8 / 2 Kings 16 / 1 Corinthians 15

 

Psalm 142:3-5 ~ When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path... no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge.

Proverbs 8:35 ~ For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD.

2 Kings 16:20 ~ Ahaz slept with his fathers, and was buried... and Hezekiah [strengthened of JAH] his son reigned.

1 Corinthians 15:55,57 ~ O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

 

Alas!  I saw my dreadful path

Which led me to a hopeless grave! 

Where could I hide from coming wrath? 

My Lord was ready then to save! 

 

I have a joyful song to sing

Since Christ defeated death for me: 

O death, where is your boasted sting? 

O grave, where is your victory? 

 


No comments: