Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Promised to Perform

Read:  Psalm 129 / Proverbs 17 / Jer. 30 / Romans 4

 

Psalm 129:2 ~ Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.

Proverbs 17:17 ~ A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Jeremiah 30:13,17 ~ There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines… I will restore health unto thee… I will heal thee of thy wounds.

Romans 4:20,21,25 ~ He staggered not… persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform… delivered for our offenses, and… raised again for our justification.

 

Though many times I’ve been afflicted,

My enemy has not prevailed,

For Christ my Savior has restricted

My foes against me who have failed.

 

Though no one else would plead my cause

When I was battered by the storm,

My Hero came and, without pause,

Did all He promised to perform. 

 


No comments: