Thursday, August 11, 2022

Lost and Loud

Read:  Psalm 123 / Proverbs 11 / Jer. 24 / Acts 26

 

Psalm 123:4 ~ Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Proverbs 11:29 ~ He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.

Jeremiah 24:7 ~ I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Acts 26:24 ~ Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

 

Though we are weary of the scorning

Of those who with contempt are proud,

We should not cease to give them warning,

For they are lost, though they be loud.

 

Let rebels hear the Savior’s voice,

Receiving Him as their Defense,

For God extends to all this choice

And saves the sinner who repents. 

 


No comments: