Friday, April 02, 2021

Surrender to the Savior

Read:  Psalm 140 / Proverbs 2 / Leviticus 2 / 1 Corinthians 6

 

 Psalm 140:7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle. 

Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. 

Leviticus 2:11,13 Ye shall burn no leaven, nor any honey, in any offering of the LORD made by fire… And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt.

1 Corinthians 6:19,20 Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost… Ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 

 

My head is covered by the Lord;

He is my Savior and my Shield.

The Word of God has been my sword

By which the Gospel is revealed. 

 

The battle rages now within

As Jesus calls me to surrender,

So why should I be serving sin

Instead of Christ, my soul’s Defender?  

 


No comments: