Saturday, April 17, 2021

My Foes vs. My Friend

Read:  Psalm 5 / Proverbs 17 / Leviticus 17 / 2 Corinthians 5

 

Psalm 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. 

Leviticus 17:11 The life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

2 Corinthians 5:14,15 The love of Christ constraineth us… he died for all, that they… should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

 

The Lord has seen my foes contend, 

But He will make my pathway straight.

Since Christ is my eternal Friend,

I do not need to fear their hate. 

 

Though enemies are like a flood

That rise to overflow the banks,

Christ Jesus saved me by His blood,

So I will live to give Him thanks.  

 


No comments: