Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Saving and Sanctifying

Read:  Psalm 8 / Proverbs 20 / Leviticus 20 / 2 Corinthians 8 

 

Psalm 8:3,4 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Proverbs 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Leviticus 20:7-8 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.

2 Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

 

When I consider all creation,

The earth below and stars above,

I marvel at the great salvation

That God our Savior brought with love! 

 

His saving, sanctifying grace

Has come at heaven’s highest cost,

For Christ became our Hiding Place

By dying to redeem the lost! 

 


No comments: