Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Worship vs. Worry

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 24 / Exodus 33 / Romans 13

 

Psalm 131:1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in… things too high for me.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul… thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Exodus 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. 

Romans 13:12,14 Let us put on the armor of light… Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh.

 

The things that are too high for me

Are not by worry remedied. 

I will forsake anxiety

To worship God who meets my need. 

 

As Moses with the Lord would speak

As to a dear and trusted Friend,

The Lord gives counsel to the meek,

And those who trust Him, He’ll defend. 

 

 

No comments: