Thursday, March 25, 2021

Rightful Rest

Read:  Psalm 132 / Proverbs 25 / Exodus 34 / Romans 14

 

Psalm 132:8,14 Arise, O LORD, into thy rest… This is my rest forever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Proverbs 25:6,7 Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king… better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither… in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen. 

Exodus 34:5,8 The LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD…  And Moses made haste, and bowed his head… and worshipped.

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

 

Let God arise into His rest

Exalted to His rightful throne

Within my heart as I attest

To all His tender mercies shown. 

 

As Moses heard the Lord proclaim

His mercy and His majesty,

So let me glorify the name

Of Christ my King who ransomed me! 

 


No comments: