Thursday, March 04, 2021

The Light That Leads

Read:  Psalm 119:105-112 / Proverbs 4 / Exodus 13 / Acts 21

 

Psalm 119:105,112 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path… I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes always, even unto the end.

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night.

Acts 21:13,14 Then Paul answered… I am ready… to die… for the name of the Lord Jesus. And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

 

The Word of God instructs behavior

And leads me with an inclination

To follow Jesus Christ my Savior

Who rescued me with His salvation. 

 

A cloud by day, a flame by night,

Once led God’s people in His way. 

The will of Christ shall be my light

Which He inclines me to obey. 

 

 

No comments: