Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sabbath and Savior


"When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers… what is man, that Thou art mindful of him?  And the son of man, that Thou visitest him?" (Psalm 8:3,4).  "A Friend loveth at all times, and a Brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17).  "God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made" (Genesis 2:3).  "My  peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). 

When I consider God's creation
In all the earth and sky above
And contemplate His great salvation,
I am astonished at His love! 

I know I have no greater friend  
Than I have found Jesus Christ;
He loved me to the very end
And for my soul was sacrificed!

Just as the Sabbath day was blest
Because creation's work was done,
My every fear is put to rest
By what God finished through His Son. 

O Lord, my Sabbath and my Savior,
You sweetly bid my cares to cease,
For I am resting in Your favor
As You impart Your perfect peace!  

No comments: