Friday, December 01, 2017

Remembrance of my Refuge


"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path… refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge" (Psalm 142:3-5).  "Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:33).  "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6).  "This is My body which is given for you:  this do in remembrance of Me… This cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you" (Luke 22:19,20). 

When I was overwhelmed within,
The Lord then surely knew my path. 
Christ died to take away my sin;
He lives to shelter me from wrath. 

All hope of safety failed then,
Though I had sought it very well. 
I found no refuge among men,
And there was no escape from hell.

In darkness, Jesus shed His light;
His Spirit prompted me to pray. 
I saw my refuge!  What a sight
That I beheld in Christ that day!

I see, Lord, in the bread and wine
Remembrance of my Refuge shown. 
You gave Your life to rescue mine;
My refuge is in You alone. 


No comments: