Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Ground of Grace


"And he [Jacob] dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.  And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said... in thy Seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 28:12-14).  "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and He heard me. Deliver my soul, O LORD"  (Psalm 120:1,2).  "The curse causeless shall not come" (Proverbs 26:2). "I thank my God... for the grace of God" (1 Corinthians 1:4). 

Behold this ladder on the ground,
Of which the patriarch has dreamed,
Portrays the grace from heaven found
In Christ for those He has redeemed. 

We see it reaches heaven's place
Where God has answered our distress  
By sending Christ with saving grace
For sinners cursed whom He would bless. 

How wonderful this ladder is
Depicting Jesus Christ our Savior
As angels bear those who are His
To heaven's open door of favor! 

Lord, thank You for so great salvation 
That blesses sinners who were cursed. 
The ground of grace has its foundation
In You because You loved us first. 


No comments: