Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Blind vs. Blessed


"Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God... But Thou, O LORD, art a Shield for me; my Glory, and the Lifter up of mine head… Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: Thy blessing is upon Thy people" (Psalm 3:2,3,8).  "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise" (Proverbs 12:15).  "The night cometh, when no man can work… One thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see… Jesus said… I am come into this world, that they which see not, might see" (John 9:4,25,39). 

Though there are many who will say
There is no help in God to find,
The Lord describes them in this way: 
They are the blind who lead the blind. 

The Lord has shown us His salvation: 
He is the Lifter of our head,
Though many mock His invitation
And blindly choose His wrath instead.   

The fool imagines he is right
And spurns the offer to repent,
But soon the day gives way to night
When opportunities are spent. 

O Lord, we once were blind as well,
But You have blessed us by Your grace
With eyes to see, Good News to tell,
And help for all who seek Your face!  


No comments: