Friday, December 15, 2017

His Cause for which He Came


"The LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping… the LORD will receive my prayer" (Psalm 6:8,9).  "Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?" (Proverbs 15:11). "But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings" (Malachi 4:2).  "Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour:  but for this cause came I unto this hour… Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out" (John 12:27,31). 

The Lord could hear my bitter cry,
And He received my earnest prayer.
He loved me, though I don't know why,
When no man for my soul would care. 

He saw sin's awful consequence;  
And paid the price to save my soul. 
He gave Himself in my defense,
Since my salvation was His goal. 

Behold the healing that He brings!  
Just like the sacrificial hen
That calls her brood beneath her wings, 
Our Savior suffered for us then. 

We see Your cause for which You came,
O Lord.  It was to rescue us! 
For us You died to bear our shame;
For us You rose victorious!  


No comments: