Saturday, December 16, 2017

Defense in Darkness


"My defense is of God… I will... sing praise to the name of the LORD most high" (Psalm 7:10,17).  "By mercy and truth iniquity is purged" (Proverbs 16:6).  "Darkness was upon the face of the deep… And God said, Let there be light: and there was light" (Genesis 1:2,3).  "When Jesus knew that His hour was come… having loved His own which were in the world, He loved them unto the end… So after He had washed their feet… and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?" (John 13:1,12).  

The Lord my God is my Defender,
Who came from heaven's throne on high.
He stood against my soul's contender,
And for my sake, He came to die. 

With mercy and with truth He came
To purge away iniquity. 
I'll praise the high and holy name
Of Christ, who gave Himself for me! 

As darkness fled by Heaven's Word
When God had spoken at creation,
So Christ, the Word made flesh, was stirred
To bring the light of His salvation. 

O Lord, You are my soul's Defense;
In darkness You became my Light. 
Your truth is now my confidence;
Your lovingkindness fills my sight. 


No comments: