Thursday, October 26, 2017

Voice of Direction in the Valley of Decision


"Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:66).  "A fool returneth to his folly" (Proverbs 26:11).  "Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision… The LORD also shall… utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of His people" (Joel 3:14,16).  "Jesus… saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Mark 2:17). 

I heard the voice of God's direction
With truth He only could impart.   
He saved me by the good discretion
To turn to Him with all my heart.

Yet fools return to foolishness
And do so to their own perdition. 
The day is coming, nonetheless,
When they'll regret their wrong decision. 

The valley of decision's choice
Does not extend beyond the grave.
Today, if hearts will hear His voice
And call on Him, the Lord will save. 

The voice of Your direction, Lord,
Within decision's valley came:
When all my options were explored,
I gladly called upon Your name!  

No comments: