Friday, October 20, 2017

Salvation for our Sake


"Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law" (Psalm 119:18).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).  "I drew them with cords of a Man, with bands of love" (Hosea 11:4).  "This Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations" (Matthew 24:14). 

There is a Law that will not bend
For those who wish to close their eyes. 
There is a judgment in the end
That God shall never compromise. 

The Law of God is on display
To show us that we need a Savior. 
No one is clean; not one can say
That they are pure in their behavior.

But Christ has shown to us His plan
And drawn us with His cords of love:   
He laid His life down as a Man
That we might dwell with Him above. 

Your Law demanded condemnation,
But for our sake, O Lord, You died. 
This is the Gospel of salvation
Whereby Your Law is satisfied.   


No comments: