Sunday, October 22, 2017

Triumphant Truth


"Teach me, O LORD, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end" (Psalm 119:33).  "Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:20,21).  "I will be thy King: where is any other that may save thee?... I will ransom them from the power of the grave" (Hosea 13:10,14).  "All this was done, that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled" (Matthew 26:56).

Triumphant truth from God is found
By those who look for evidence. 
The prophecies fulfilled abound
Of Christ who came to our defense. 

Prophetic truth with certainty
Cannot be found in any place
Except in Scripture's prophecy
Foretelling God's triumphant grace.   

There is no other risen King
Who ransoms sinners from the grave. 
He gives to us a song to sing
To praise Him who alone can save. 

O Lord, triumphant truth belongs
To You who fought for our salvation! 
Our hearts are filled with joyful songs
That overflow with adoration. 


No comments: